If you have any friends or family members who are baseball fans, a memorabilia item is the perfect gift. If the person collects specific items, it’s easy to find something to add to his or her collection, and you know it will be appreciated.
If you are searching for gifts for children, you could help them start a collection that they will cherish for years to come. You can then add to their collections by giving a different item each year.
Here are 5 great ideas for gifts:
1. Autographed baseballs – A signed baseball of their favorite player is always a “wow” gift. My personal favorite autograph is the great Brooks Robinson. He has a distinctive signature that is easy to read.
Mendys has a wide variety of autographs from retired and active players, including Hall of Famers, 500 home run hitters, Negro leaguers and minor league players. We even have some hard to find autographed baseballs of retired players.
2. A bobbing head doll to display on their desk at work, or in the man cave.
3. Game programs, team yearbooks or media guides are always fun to collect. Reading the really old ones is always a trip down memory lane, especially seeing the ads from back then.
4. A baseball bat is great gift for a young person to use in playing the game, or to get autographed. We have both “old label” and “current label” Louisville Slugger bats and Rawlings bats.
5. Unique items, like an All Star game press pin, or a ticket stub from a special game.
As always, we are happy to help you select the perfect gift or answer any questions you may have about investing in memorabilia. Please visit our Web site, or our booth, B69-70, at the Westminster Antique Mall in Westminster, MD, and get your shopping done early this year!